OPI Germany: The Gems - swatches

11:17 PM

Hello!

Here I come with the second part of OPI Germany collection for Fall/Winter 2012. If you missed the first part, you can click here to see it. As I said in my previous post, I decided to divide this collection into two posts. The first one focussed on the 6 cremes in this collection while this second post will be about the 6 other shades that I called "the vibrant gems". I called them like that because they are really deep, shiny, almost metallic but not exactly and have this glow-from-within touch that make a polish so precious and gorgeous!




Deutsch You Want Me Baby? ... A self-assured shade of shimmering red-orange.
Deutsch You Want Me Baby? is a gorgeous burnt orange shimmery polish. Like all the other polishes I will show you in this post, Deutsch You Want Me Baby? looks really deep and saturated thanks to its glow-from-within touch. It's a perfect fall polish! Application was dreamy, with a very good pigmentation. It's almost a 1 coater but here I applied 2 coats. If you apply a thick coat, you can totally go with just 1 coat.







 
Danke-Shiny Red ...You "Bitte" try on this ravishing ruby before it's too late!
Danke-Shiny Red is the red counterpart of Deutsche You Want Me Baby?. It's a gorgeous cherry shimmery hue. It's very deep and vibrant (much more than my pictures can show). It has some slightly berry undertones. I used only 1 coat for the pictures below. A must-have for every polish lover.




 

Unfor-greta-bly Blue ..Everyone's favorite Fräulein loves this über shiny blue.
Unfor-greta-bly Blue is again a gorgeous shimmery polish with a glow-from-within touch. It's a deep sapphire hue. I didn't notice it at once but it has some teal undertones. I noticed it when I compared it with A England Order of The Garter, which is almost a blue jeans color in comparison with Unfor-greta-bly Blue. I applied 2 coats here.






Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs ...The most beautiful brigh purple of all.
Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs is an amazing purple with pink-magenta undertones. It's also very shimmery. When I first heard about this polish, I tought it might be close to A England Avalon. But not at all! Avalon has more blue in it while Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs has a rather pink or magenta base. I used 2 coats.






Every Month is Oktoberfest ...Prost! Here's to the prettiest plum in the Biergarten.
Every Month is Oktoberfest is one of the most amazing polish I have ever seen! This baby would have required a post just for itself because there is so much to say about it! In the bottle, it looks like a brown-berry-red shade (very difficult to describe in fact). And once you open the bottle, you can see some blue in it!! When you apply your first layer, you mainly see purple and blue with a lot of red shimmer. But when you apply your second coat, the purple-blue get a bit eaten by the brown-red-burgundy tone. I have included a lot of pictures because it is necessary to show you all the beauty of this polish! I used 2 coats here but you could almost use only 1 coat.

Have you seen this blue inside the bottle? And when you wipe it off with polish remover, your cotton pad is left with blue!







Picture taken with flash.
Picture taken with flash.
Picture taken in full sun.

Picture taken in full sun.

Picture taken in full sun.

Picture taken in full sun.


German-icure by OPI ...The best burgundy shimmer in the business.
German-icure by OPI is a dark brown polish packed with lots of bright orange shimmer. Again, application was flawless and I used 2 coats. It's also a perfect polish for fall!







And a final summary of the 6 shades of this post.



As a reminder, I put also the summary for the 6 first shades I presented you in my last post. You can click on the picture to see the full post.



Sincerely I was blown away by the formula of all the polishes from this collection. They are all highly pigmented and applied very well in one or two coats. I really like that there are some classic, neutal shades and also some crazier shades like the mustard yellow one. There are also a different types of finish, like cremes, but also hyper shimmery polish with a glow-from-within touch that renders them almost metallic but without the brush stroke issues of metallic polishes. I love all the shades but particularly Berlin There Done That (the taupe), Don't Talk Bach to Me (the mustard), Deutsch You Want Me Baby? (the shimmery orange), Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs (the shimmery purple), and the amazing Every Month is Oktoberfest!

PS I saw on some blogs that they inverted German-icure by OPI and Every Month is Oktoberfest. I've asked OPI and Every Month is Oktoberfest is acutally the purple one and German-icure by OPI the brown-orange one.


 

Purchase info:
OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here.
Germany Collection by OPI will be available August 13rd, 2012 in Switzerland.

*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe